Since the passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), there has been much talk about high-speed Internet and broadband. This webinar will serve as an overview of the infrastructure and technology required to provide Internet for All.
Topics covered will include:
- Difference between broadband vs. high-speed Internet
- History of broadband infrastructure in the United States
- Key terms and definitions
- Different types of technologies
- Life of an Internet packet
- Economics of a network
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law includes a historic $65 billion investment to expand affordable and reliable high-speed Internet access in communities across the U.S. NTIA recently launched a series of new high-speed Internet grant programs funded by the law that will build high-speed Internet infrastructure across the country, create more low-cost high-speed Internet service options, and address the digital equity and inclusion needs in our communities.